I want to first say that I feel good about where the site is at right now. I think I’ve got most of the elements in and I’ve started to update some of the older entries. Basically that means that the site is almost open for business, so to speak. I won’t be ready to announce it on twitter for a while, at least until I’ve had some time to make sure that there aren’t some errors or problems that I haven’t noticed. That usually takes a few weeks.
I’m not going to go through the long list of things that I’ve fixed right now, but I will mention some of the more difficult things that I’ve managed to correct. Most of the difficult items have to do with formatting of the layout, and to be more specific, making sure that there is continuity between the blog and the static pages. Since they both use Bootstrap you’d think that wouldn’t be that much of a problem, but it turned out to be something that I worked on for days. To give a quick example was the sidebar on some of the pages were different from each other, and then they collapsed differently as well. Since I’m used to, but not an expert in Bootstrap, I first had to fix one then find out why the other was doing messing up. Like I said it took me days to figure it out. Continue reading